Mayor Muriel Bowser held her Two term outlook at Gallaudet University lead by various panel discussions to highlight the progress made in the District. This is certainty a new approach and strategy to present investing in DC values, providing affordable housing, a more inclusive city, and most importantly a way to show accountability throughout the entire District Government agencies. Mayor Bowser’s second time around just may be the charm for the constituents of the District of Columbia.
The Executive Summary Report presented by the Office of the Mayor had vibrant colors on the page, and what popped out the most was the accurate amount of jobs created in the District. Is it 800, 80,000, or 800,000? Former Mayor Anthony Williams was in attendance to reflect on his term as Mayor and congratulate Mayor Bowser on her second time around along with the progress she has made turning the city around providing many investment opportunities and bring a better quality of life for the residents in the city.
Those in attendance had the opportunity to hear from various government agencies and learn about the work they are doing for residents to keep the city thriving and keeping DC Values first. Residents will have an opportunity to take advantage of the offerings during Mayor Bowser’s Fair Shot February which kicks off today at the Wilson Building. Be sure to get your Fair Shot, follow the great finding happening throughout the month:
- February 4, at 5:00 pm – Wilson Building Open House
- February 5, 7:00 pm – Congressional Reception
- February 11, 12:00 pm – Senior Telephone Townhall
- February 21, 6:30 pm – Budget Engagement Forum (Arthur Capper Community Center)
- February 23, 10:00 am – Budget Engagement Forum (Deanwood Recreation Center)
- February 25, 6:30 pm – Budget Engagement Forum (Roosevelt High School)