THURSDAY NETWORK and SERVE DC’S MLK DAY BLANKET & TOILETRIES DRIVE
Join Mayor Muriel Bowser, Thursday Network, and Serve DC-The Mayor’s Office on Volunteerism as we assemble and distribute care packages for those experiencing homelessness during Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service Weekend.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Donate funds for the purchase of blankets and toiletries
- Donate items at Thursday Network events
- Donate items at the Serve DC office (Franklin Reeves Center, 2000 14th St NW suite 101)
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List
- Drop off donations the day of the SATURDAY, JANUARY 13TH event from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Items for Donation Include: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, hats, gloves, socks, deodorant, baby wipes (See Amazon Wish List for more items)
VOLUNTEER WITH US ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 13th AND MLK DAY (JANUARY 15th)
On Saturday, January 13th
Join us as we assemble care packages for those suffering from homelessness at the Franklin D. Reeves Center. Volunteers may sign up for 2 shifts. Each volunteer is asked to bring at least one donation item from our donation list with them to the event.
– Donation Drop-off: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
– Shift 1: 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
– Shift 2: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
When registering for the January 13th event, you must select a donation item before proceeding to select a shift.
On MLK Day, January 15th
We will be making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to be included in the care packages and distribute blankets and care packages to those suffering from homelessness throughout DC and Maryland. We need volunteers to drive to the designated care package drop-off sites.
DONATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED DURING THE MONDAY, JANUARY 15 EVENT
– Shift 1: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
– Shift 2: 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
When registering for the January 15th event, you must select a sandwich item donation before proceeding to select a shift.
This important event serves local homeless shelters, as well as those who may be street bound. Help us to collect and distribute materials to as many in need as possible!
For more information contact Community Service Programs Chair, Kristin Shymoniak at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Each volunteer is required to show a government-issued I.D. when entering the Franklin Reeves Center. Minors may present their school-issued I.D.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided for volunteers during all shifts.
There is street and garage parking close to the Franklin D. Reeves Center. The nearest metro is U St. /African American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Station.
Have questions about Thursday Network and Serve DC’s MLK Day Blanket & Toiletries Drive?Contact Thursday Network and Serve DC